Wednesday, September 26, 2007

NY Chapter 1: Upstate New York

Unfortuntely since it's been so long since my trip to New York, I wont be able to elaborate much on the trip, just wanted to share the photos (finally!)


The reason for the trip to New York? One of my good old friends from high school, Shasta, was getting married, and asked me to be the photographer. For some reason, I have always dreamed of visiting NYC, so I jumped at the chance!! I've been good friends with Shasta, and her sister, Ivory, for about 13 or 14 years now.

I flew the red-eye from Portland, OR to Albany, NY with Ivory and another friend of Shasta's; Kenzie. I didn't know Kenzie well through high school, but she was a blessing. A great friend, a really good person, and little did she know she would be the photographer's assitant throughout the wedding!


Me and Ivory, one of my best friends since high school, and the Bride's sister. We were fresh off the flight in Albany, NY. We went to a restaurant for breakfast (We landed around 8 or 9am, but to our bodies it was 5 or 6am), I got the biggest kick out of our waitresses strong New York accent. Yep, a tourist from the West, that's for sure!

Although we didn't sleep much on the flight, I do remember waking up and looking out my airplane window and witnessing the most beautiful sun rise I have ever seen.


The wedding was at Brant Lake Camp, in upstate New York. The camp is HUGE, beautiful, and it looks like a blast for the kids who come every summer. We all got to bunk it up in the cabins, which was actually pretty cool! The one thing I wasn't prepared for or aware of, was how unbelievably HUMID it was! I was always sticky and sweaty.

The wedding was more than anyone imagined it would be. It was great weather, an ideal location, fun fun fun. I still feel sooo lucky to have had the opportunity to photograph it!! Here are a few photos from the wedding of Shasta and Stuart Champion!











No comments: