Friday, April 20, 2007

Isaac and Soren

I cannot believe how nervous I was about this new job. I was also dreading the early schedule (leaving the house at 7am scared me as we weren't used to even waking up until after 8am.) On Monday I started nannying, with Emmalee, for two little boys full-time. Isaac is Emmalee's age and Soren is 5. It is going wonderfully! I am so excited and it seems the family feels the same way. They are long days (4 ten-hour days) but we are busy-busy and the time flies by, and we enjoy ourselves throughout the entire day. Emmalee and Isaac connected right away and play together very well. And I actually miss Soren and am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow morning! We go on outings to parks, playgrounds, swimming lessons, preschools, restaurants and soon will be visiting the library, Children's museum, OMSI, and the Zoo. I am able to implement a toddler curriculum, create art/craft projects on a daily basis, and help Soren learn how to read, among several other enriching aspects of this position. This new experience actually has me feeling like I can be a better mom and educator as well. The family i'm working for is organic, supportive, encouraging and they provide unbelievable benefits for Emmalee and myself. We are feeling very blessed!

At the same time that our new routine started, Tylor's first tax season ended. What a gift! It is so wonderful to have a husband again who has more time at home. He usually gets home from work an hour before us so we usually come home to a generally clean house with dinner started! I'm loving it!!

1 comment:

Jason Phillips, MD, FACP said...

Oh Didi! I am so happy for you guys! That sounds like a *great* arrangement for everyone and so much fun. You were brave to take the risk but it sure paid off (and I'm sure I & S will be great models for you)!
-Anne