Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easter 2007






We spent our Easter morning at home. We decorated eggs the night before, it was fun and surprisingly not too messy. Emmalee got to peel boiled eggs (which I figured she would enjoy since she loves to peel the paper off of all our crayons -grrrr...) and she tried a boiled egg for the first time. She didn't seem to mind the egg white but the yolk made her shiver. Ick! Uncle Scott and Auntie, Gramma and Grandpa Tim all came over Easter morning for coffee and coffeecake and a egg hunt. I seriously thought I did a good job by putting very little sugar in those little plastic eggs, but even a couple of gummy bears here and there and a few jelly beans here and there turned out to be a ton of sugar for one morning! She would have been happy enough to open those up only to find a couple of green beans inside, so why didn't I go that route? We really enjoyed ourselves and I think Emmalee looked adorable dressed up for her third Easter Sunday. She continues to remember Easter morning by saying "Easter bunny come!" whenever she sees something that came from her basket. Around 1pm, I packed up Emmalee and some suitcases and we hit the road. We spent the next few days in southern Oregon visiting with Papa, Nana, Great-Pa and Great-Ma, and Uncle and Auntie Rachel. It was quite a relaxing trip for me! So nice to have nothing to do for a couple of days except for visit with family. It was just what I needed before starting a new job. I unfortunately didn't take many pictures during our trip, but believe me it was enjoyable.


No comments: