Friday, April 06, 2007

Bye "Tick-Tock"

Today is actually our last day at the preschool Emmalee calls her "tick tock school". She had a really hard time adjusting and when she'd start crying as soon as I put her in the van to head to school, I got worried. I think it's very possible she just took a long time to adjust, but 2.5 months later, she never truly got comfortable with 'going to school'. But again, this is probably totally normal too, I guess it's separation anxiety, just hard for me as a mom. But that's not why we left. Like I wrote earlier, I financially had to replace my two part-time positions with one (higher paying) position, but also I found throughout the 2.5 months working at the preschool that I apparently have high standards. I'm hesitant to associate myself with a school that I don't feel operates acceptably. I'm a snobby ECE teacher I suppose, but that's just how it goes. They've only been open for a bit over a year, so unless they want me to step in as director and whip that place into shape, i'll have to step down. At this point, philosophically, we're not a good fit, that's all it comes down too. I feel bad for Emmalee, she had a love/hate relationship with the school, but she will make new friends and I will do all that I can to expose her to as many learning opportunities and developmental enrichment thoughout our days together with the boys. At least until it's time for her to go to real Pre-K.

No comments: